Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Alone in Austin

Today, the gang headed home. During lunch break, I drove back to the hotel (only 5 minutes away) to bid goodbye. It was sad to see them go - I hate goodbyes!

Training this week is about "Support and Troubleshooting", and it is definitely more interesting and fun than last week. Students got to "play" by trying to figure out why Sentral server might not be able to discover clients (including Virtual Machines) and not able to pull device information. We went over different scenarios on why devices or clients can not communicate back to the Sentral server. And since I am an "instructor-in-training" I get to help Shannon (the teacher) break things and students have to figure out what's wrong and fix the problem.

After class today, I stuck around (since I have no one to go home to, boo hoo) to help Shannon update client software on couple of thin clients. We used NeoWare to push the images to the devices. From today's class I also learned how to fix intermittent communication problem between USB printer and Windows XP. I always thought it was printer compatibility problem, but it turns out that its the USB power management feature in Windows.

Don called at around 7 tonight. They're at Denny's somewhere in Arkansas for dinner. According to him, he will continue to drive for few more hours before an overnight stopover wherever they might be.

My first night alone in the hotel - it's lonely and I already miss my family. I hope they have a safe and smooth drive home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're by your lonesome. The training will end soon right? Just enjoy authentic barbecue while you can. Geng

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're by your lonesome. The training will end soon right? Just enjoy authentic barbecue while you can. Geng

FoxGirl said...

Thanks, Geng.
It turned out to be not too bad. Of course I was not able to enjoy anymore of the authentic bbq because I don't like eating out by myself :)