Sunday, February 17, 2008

Work On Saturday

Yesterday, I spent all of my day at the house of one of the VPs of my company. He needed help with setting up a brand new computer for his wife. The wife's files in the old system had to be moved and also the email settings needed to be transfered. I expected for it to be a half day project, but the wireless network took nearly 3 hours. I had to call Verizon tech support to verify the internet configuration and login information. I was correct that it was PPPoE, but he completely misdirected me by telling me to change the Verizon DSL modem's settings to "bridge" and disable DHCP - all WRONG! After battling it for a while, I ended up putting it all back to it's original configuration and after a quick phone call to Don, he confirmed that resetting the Verizon modem to it's original configuration was the right thing to do. He instructed me to turn off DHCP on the wireless router and to make sure that the router and modem are on the same subnet. I had to change the wireless router's IP address as it had the same IP as the Verizon device. Thanks Don for being my Saviour!

After fighting the network issues, decrappafying the old and new PCs, software and printer installs, file transfers, email setup, answering questions, half of peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and a glass of water - I headed home. I got home at 6 p.m. already too late to catch "The Spiderwick Chronicles". Oh well, well catch the first showing today at 11:45 a.m. Jackie is still asleep - she went to bed late last night because of a dog show we watched on Animal Planet. It was the Ugliest Dog Competition - man, the dogs were UUUUUGLY!

1 comment:

bong navarro said...

nice blog! again, thanks for everything.