Friday, February 1, 2008

"The Chance Band"


My Rock Band replacement guitar arrived yesterday. Some people in the EA forum reported that they have received refurbished replacement (identified by scratches), and that the guitars were defective. After dinner, I unpacked the guitar for visual inspection - I wanted to check if I received a refurbished one. No, it was a brand new guitar.

Don got home from work at around 7 last night and after fixing him dinner, I started to watch Wowowee. But Jackie wanted to watch something else so I had to find something that she would enjoy (she pretty much likes anything in Boomerang). I decided to wait until the weekend to test the guitar since I have plenty of time to return the faulty one before they tack me with the $125 charge for the replacement hardware. At around 9:15 Jackie asked to play Rock Band (music to my ears) - since it was close to her bedtime (at 10) I told her I'd play with her today instead. With her precious facial expression she said, "But I can't wait" - LOL. I told her okay, but we would play only until 10 p.m. I guess I did not have to wait until the weekend to test the new guitar. In our previous games we played the quick play multi-player. But last night I decided to start a band tour which we had to create our band and figure out a band name. I asked Jackie what she wanted to name our band, and without hesitation she exclaimed "Chance band.... THE Chance band" (named after her cat). We both had to create our own rock persona (gender, name, outfit, hairstyle, and attitude). She was the lead vocalist and I played the guitar. We played 6 songs, then it was bedtime.

Jackie, lead singer

2 comments:

bong navarro said...

come on Jackie! The future American Idol.

Anonymous said...

Go Jackie! Much MUCH better than I could do :)