Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What I Did On Super Bowl Sunday

House cleaning is one of my weaknesses, not because I don't have time for it, but because I am plainly tamad (lazy). On Superbowl Sunday I decided (no planning involved) to clean the basement early in the morning (even before my breakfast). For a few minutes, I stood in the middle of the room trying to decide where to start. I looked around the room and felt a little overwhelmed of its condition. The room was disorganized - wires running across the floor (from various video game accessories), Jackie's toys, miscellaneous junk on the coffee table... you get the picture. After putting away the video game accessories I decided that the carpet was in desperate need of steam cleaning, especially the area by the door to the garage. I spent about an hour and a half cleaning the carpet. After three refills of cleaning solution, three and a half refills of hot water, and half a dozen trip up and down the stairs I was more than satisfied of the outcome! Ahhh... the fresh scent of a newly cleaned carpet was nice :)

After shower Jackie Berna and I went to visit my brother and cousin in DC. I was to help setup their new computer, a Dell XPS 420 (with quadcore, sweet!). On the way to DC we stopped at Manila Oriental Market to pickup Filipino food for lunch. After lunch I got started on setting up the computer (while Jackie watched Nick Toons). The system was pretty nice, I'd like to have one! The monitor was a brightscreen (glossy) 24 inch widescreen. I installed Office 2007, Quickbooks, Adobe Reader, and fixed the Vista sidebar (which disappeared after uninstalling Google tool bar). I also fixed the connection to the monitor which was hooked up to the analog port instead of the dvi port. I ran SpeedTest to check their bandwidth as they complained about the connection being slow. The SpeedTest result was just fine - I got 2.3mbps/sec down speed. I have suggested that the wireless connection (router located in another room) was the culprit, it was intermittently dropping. At 3:45 we left to make it home on time to make dinner - boneless rib eye roast - yum!

I am not much of a football fan, so while hubby and stepson watched the Super Bowl in the living room, Jackie and I rocked out in the basement.

N.Y. Giants won, and I completed Rock Back in Medium level.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Didn't do much on Superbowl Sunday either. We were at the Denver airport waiting for our flight back home. While we were checking in we heard that Direct TV was going to be free (sweet!) So while everybody on the plane was watching football, Chip was watching Discovery Channel and I was watching The Biggest Loser! They all must think we're weird. Oh well. Geng