Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

It's 2008! Where did 2007 go? I can't believe that I had not posted here for the entire year of 2007. Main reason to only maintain one blog site instead of 2, 3 or more.

Wii Update:
After numerous attempts, very early morning waking hours, cold and long waits in line, I was able to get a Wii couple of days after Christmas in 2006. It was accidental. My co-worker and I decided to spend our lunch break hunting for the hard-to-find gaming system. We meant to check Best Buy, but because I made the wrong turn we ended up at Target. When we got there we saw a guy sprinting towards the electronics department. Somehow we both figured that he might be going for the same thing we were. At the electronics department there was a short line formed which we joined in. My co-worker and I were able to secure one for each of us, and the sales lady even allowed me to buy an additional system for a friend. All the trouble trying to get the system was all worth it. It really is a fun gaming system - there is nothing like it! Even none-gamers would enjoy it very much. If you don't have one, go get one :)

Technical Frustration Update:
After fighting the Dell laptop to capture my many many MiniDV videos I ended up using my Asus laptop. I completed 80% of the project in 2006 and made no progress for the entire 2007. What can I say? I am a procrastinator :)

2007 Recap
:
Beginning of July I started work for a new company. May and June went by in a flash. I spent those couple of months migrating data, purchasing equipment, building and setting up new systems, and sitting in numerous boring meetings. The company that I now work for was owned by my previous employer which was purchased by another (a multi-billion dollar) company. Part of the agreement was to assist in splitting the two companies. Since all of the IT services were provided by the parent company new systems had to be purchased and setup. The system build had to be completed by first week of July. Then in August we had to move to a new building. Couple of weeks prior to moving we had to setup the entire network infrastructure. The move was a success. Day one at the new office all the employees had their phones, their computers, and had network and Internet connectivity!

Also in July we went to N. Myrtle Beach, S.C. for a week vacation. There, my daughter celebrated her 5th birthday. It was our first time in N. Myrtle Beach and we had a wonderful time. We loved it so much that we want to make a yearly trip there. I thank my college best friend, Mailah, for the idea. The condo we stayed at was a beach-front property and we loved the convenience of being able to just walk down the beach.


In November we adopted a kitty from the shelter. Our 5 year old daughter had been asking for one. But because of my allergy, my husband was opposed to having a cat in the house. A letter written by our daughter that said: "From Jackie Fox. I want a cat!" was all it took. My husband found this very sweet 9 month old male kitten from the county shelter. His name was "Chance" and our daughter wanted to keep his name. He is a medium-haired Tuxedo with a milk mustache. I had an allergy attack on the night that Chance came home. Since then I have not had any symptoms! We all love the new member of our family. He is mischievous and very sweet cat!

Christmas Present:
One of the presents I received from my husband was Guitar Hero III for Xbox 360. It is such a fun addictive game. The "Easy" level I completed in few hours of game play. The "Medium" level is another story. The more I played the better I am at it - it is all about practice :) Though some of us are just plainly gifted as this 9 year old kid who beat the hardest (Expert) level will demonstrate. Amazing! is all I can say. Can you do it? I wish I am as good as this kid!

New Year's Resolution:
I have not thought about it until just now. As in the past, I am not optimistic about sticking with it. But, I will definitely TRY this year. Maybe having a written Resolutions will help me stay on track. My main goal for this year is to get back in shape. I also would like to add reading and keeping up with my blog on the list. Basically, it is all about laziness. So my New Years resolution this year is to not be lazy. The reason I am out of shape is I am too lazy to exercise, lazy to think about eating healthy, and lazy about reading and writing.

2 comments:

Don Fox said...

I think it's all those years you spent hiding in the hamper that made you tamad. So basically it's your mom's fault for making you go to school. Besides you work hard all day providing for your family -- you're allowed to be lazy at home :)

Anonymous said...

LOL - to those who are interested in the hamper story....
When I was 7, I used to ask my yaya (nanny) to hide me (from my mom) in the hamper.