Monday, August 25, 2008

My Little Bookworm

On Sunday, Jackie spent most of her morning reading her library books. Out of the blue she told me that she wants to get level 4 books. She explained to me that level 4 are chapter books. I suddenly remembered that I had bought a bunch of Junie B. Jones books from eBay. I was going to give them to her for her birthday last month, but postponed it because I thought they might be too advanced for her, and that she would not be interested in books with very few pictures. I guess the time had come sooner than I expected. I told Jackie that I had a surprise for her and lead her upstairs where the books are. I told her to only pick a couple from the lot of twenty books and that she was welcome to get more after she's done with the ones she picked.

After playing tennis and getting showered up, she asked if she could get more of the Junie B. books. I reminded her that only if she had finished the first five that she could get more. She was quick to answer that she had finished the others - LOL. It turned out that she brought couple of books to the tennis court and read them while resting from tennis.

No comments: