Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Christmas is Just Around the Corner

On Sunday Jackie, Berna and I spent all of our afternoon at the mall. When we got to Dulles Town Center we went straight to the food court to make sure we had full tummies before shopping.

I took Jackie with me, and Berna went her own way. I mainly shopped for Jackie's things as she needed more winter clothes. Jackie and I had a fun time together. We passed by EB Games and in the store window was a big cutout of Link - a promotion for the new game for Wii - Zelda the Twillight Princess. Jackie stopped and exclaimed "That's Link!" and proceeded to pull my hand leading me in to the store. As we entered the store she asked me where the DS stuff were, so I pointed at the section. She spotted the game titled "Yoshi's Island" . She pointed at the game and said, "That's what I want for Christmas". I told her that maybe she should tell Santa about the game, and she said "Yes, sir!" I don't know where she got the yes sir thing, but it was funny!

One of the things I bought her at the mall were a pair of boots. She picked them her self. She wanted to wear the new boots so I lifted her up into the counter so the cashier could scan the tag. My four year old never seizes to amaze me!

When we got home I ate dinner and started to watch Superman starring Christopher Reeves (released 1978). But 5 minutes into the movie Don appeared from the basement and asked when the Christmas tree would be up. So I put the movie on pause and followed Don downstairs to get the Christmas tree from the garage. What fun to put up and decorate the tree! Jackie had a blast. She was in charge of hanging the ornaments. It was funny because the ornaments ended up on just one section of the tree. LOL

I managed to video taped the whole activity. Oh joy, more videos I need to capture. And speaking of videos, I still have tons to capture!! The DV capture project has been postponed until after Christmas ;)

No comments: